Oh Stitch, Please!

Oh Stitch, Please!

Thursday 12 March 2015

gettin' skirty - BHL inspired pleated skirt.

This little number was a simple sew - done in about 1.5hours, from cutting to completion.. buttons and all.



It is loosely inspired by the back panels of the BHL - flora dress. I have made her before, see here.



I used the back panel piece to make the skirt, slimming the original pleats to fit into my 145cm wide fabric. I have said it before, but this skirt is huge. And I lengthened it by 5cm.



I can't say I am full happy with this hacked effort. I like the skirt, and will wear it, I think i need to nip it in at the waist a little bit. But I regret slimming down the pleat size, as in my mind I was imagining huge box pleats.... Ahhhh... sewing regrets.

Wide skirt shot -  I love a wide swishy skirt.

The wide skirt makes it a great for twirling. This is obviously an every day MUST for skirts.


And... SWISHY....

The fabric is a really nice cotton sateen I picked up on a recent trip to Tasmania, however I have seen whispers on instgram that it is also available at the Cloth Shop, in Ivanhoe Melbourne.


 Because I wanted to keep this as a fast 'n' dirty sew up, I just ran the edges through the overlocker and used my previously drafted waistband with overlap for button holes, then easing the skirt into the waistband piece.



The SPECS:

Pattern: Flora franken-pattern-hack with self drafted waist band.

Fabric: Cotton Sateen, sourced in Tasmania.

Size: 14

Time: 1.5 hours.

Satisfaction: Meh.

Shoes: Lotta from Stockholm, Glasses - Oscar Wylee, Cropped Tee - Zoe Mac.


The BHL obsession continues with these ladies calling my name in the night... Who else has met Anna, Kim and Sophia? Are you guys BFF's as well.!?




No comments:

Post a Comment

lovely thoughts...